Demon's Souls [PS5]

Sehe ich auch so - ist ein sicherer Hit.

Wie gesagt.. der Move, die Review-Codes nicht frühzeitig rauszuschicken, ist absolut unverständlich. Speziell bei so einem heiss erwarteten Spiel. Andererseits... ohne Konsole kann man wahrlich nicht viel mit dem Spiel anfangen :ugly: 

Gab's glaub ich auch noch nie oder? Dass Spiele und Peripherie schon vor dem Konsolen-Launch verkauft wurden?

Review(s)!!

RG0BS1U.gif?noredirect

GameInformer: 9.25/10

For newcomers, Demon’s Souls will be the first exploration into the duality of despair and triumph, and hopefully go on to become a starting point for new Souls fans. For veterans, it’s a homage to an experiment that kicked off a fantastic genre. Either way, it’s wonderful that the nascent ethers from the original classic have coalesced and given us this delightful treat.

Rest ist wohl noch für ne Weile "in Progress"

Gamespot:

The combat still feels deliberate, as it was in the original, but Bluepoint has vastly improved the feedback you get, which makes connecting a sword with the armor of an enemy knight, or the flesh of a wandering warrior, incredibly impactful. The booming sound that arises when you perfectly time a swing of your shield to parry an incoming attack, and the subsequent thrust of the sword delivered with such ferocity that the enemy is lifted into the air and slammed into the ground made me wince the first time I did it. To top it off, the DualSense's subtle vibrations during all of this made each subsequent parry and riposte attack as satisfying.

There's much more to say about Demon's Souls for PS5, but that can wait for the full review. I am eager to get back to playing it, and that should say a lot. Early signs are good for the game. At this point, we've come to expect Bluepoint to put out top-notch remakes, but this is a game that feels like the studio is flexing its own creative muscles too, and as I venture deeper into Boletaria I'm excited to see what else it has in store.

Kotaku:

Demon’s Souls is a massive game, and as such any authoritative proclamations will have to wait until I have more time with it. But during my first few hours, I’ve found myself more than impressed with what Bluepoint has been able to achieve. While early on you may feel some dissonance between the classic gameplay and the updated graphics, that quickly goes away once you’re back in the thick of things. I think there’s something really special here, and I can’t wait to forge ahead.

Polygon:

What is clear, before I’ve finished the game, is that Demon’s Souls is a rare thing to see at a console’s launch: It’s a game that shows off the graphical, audio, and other technical capabilities of Sony’s new PlayStation 5, and it’s also a game that will likely be played for years to come, instead of for a month before being forgotten. I’m still wondering if Bluepoint has changed too little about the original Demon’s Souls blueprint, which is laborious in stretches, but that’s a battle I’m having with my own inner demons.

The Sixth Axis:

After seeing what Bluepoint did with Shadow of the Colossus on PS4 back in 2018, we had hoped Demon’s Souls would be equally as faithful in terms of art direction. It’s certainly lost some of that unique style but it’s still a remake well worth playing. We just hope those picking up a copy with their PS5 on launch day know what they’re getting into.

Digital Chumps – 9.5/10

Game Informer – 9.3/10

GameSpot – 9/10

Press Start – 9/10

ScreenRant – 4.5/5

TheGamer – 5/5

Ars Technica – “A must play”

Destructoid – “This remake feels like a gift”

Metro – “The perfect remake”

Kotaku – “There’s something really special here”

TheSixthAxis – “A remake worth playing”

Eurogamer.de

Demon's Souls PS5 Remake Test Fazit

Bluepoint Games sind die Könige des liebevollen Remakes, dieser Ruf wird mit diesem unglaublichen Spiel neu zementiert. Es hilft natürlich, wenn man mit Vorlagen wie Uncharted, Shadow of the Colossus oder eben Demon's Souls arbeitet, aber darin liegt auch eine Gefahr. Wenn das Original so geliebt wird, kann man im Detail schnell viel falsch machen. Das zeigten die Reaktionen auf die Trailer deutlich und nein, ich denke es wird immer ein paar Leute geben, die trotz allem, was hier richtig lief - und das war praktisch alles -, das Original bevorzugen werden. Das sei gesagt, aber eben auch, dass ich fest überzeugt bin, hier die Version dieses Spiels vor mir zu haben, die From Software damals vor Augen hatte, die die PS3 und das Budget aber nicht hergaben.

Während das Original seine Stimmung mit einem vielleicht in der Entwicklung nicht ganz freiwilligen Minimalismus definierte, bleibt hier die Hoffnungslosigkeit der Welt erhalten. Es wird aber auch ihre unvergebende Brutalität herausgearbeitet. Das halte ich für einen deutlichen Stimmungsgewinn in einem Spiel, das schon zuvor nicht damit geizte. Ansonsten ist es das Spiel, das ihr kennt und liebt. Bis auf den letzten Millimeter runter, wo ein Gegner steht, ein Item liegt oder wie ein Boss euch mal wieder in Grund und Boden stampft. Das Einzige, was daran traurig ist, ist die Tatsache, dass sie als Sonys Haus- und Hof-Remaker ihre Kunst wohl nicht an Dark Souls erproben werden. Denn sollte es Zweifel gegeben haben, ob Demon's Souls seinen Platz im Pantheon der besten Spiele, denen ihr eure Zeit widmen könnt, über die Jahre eingebüßt hat, dann nein. Es sitzt sicher da oben, zusammen mit den großen Klassikern. Ich muss zum Glück nicht darüber nachdenken, ob ich jetzt 500 Euro für Konsole und Spiel ausgebe. Aber nachdem ich es jetzt gespielt habe... Ja, ich würde es tun.

bearbeitet von Anjelaoni