Nintendo Switch

Die perfekte Konsole für Monster Hunter.

Und wie sie das ist!

Hier eventuell noch ein paar nützliche Infos... gerade auch im Hinblick auf die Abwärtskompatibilität:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201610/21118771.html

Famitsu asked Nintendo about several issues regarding NS. Here is the summary of the article. As my Japanese is crappy, please tell me if there are any mistakes.

- NS is not the successor of Wii U

- NS is not backward compatible with Wii U and 3DS

- NS will be packaged with Joy-Con(L) and Joy-Con®

- The packaging of other accessories will be announced separately for different regions before launch

- Cartridge is called "Game Card" internally

- Specifications of cartridge will be announced before launch

- Battery life will be announced later. The development team aims at allowing players to play NS conveniently at places without electricity connection.

- At this moment, no information on compatibility of smartphone apps can be provided

Kein Nachfolger für Wii U und 3DS? Als ob nicht jeder wüsste, dass die beiden Modelle auslaufen werden (Wii U ist praktisch schon tot) und sich Nintendo künftig auf die Verschmelzung beider Plattformen, ergo Switch, konzentrieren wird.

550.- mit Spiel und 500.- ohne Spiel.

Der Preis ist nicht ohne, aber gibt mir auch etwas Hoffnung, dass Nintendo nicht den Weg der billigsten Komponenten gegangen ist. Da bleibe ich weiterhin optimistisch :waltz:

Nintendo Switch ab sofort bei uns bestellbar!

Wichtige Informationen zur Liefersituation:

- Nintendo hat zurzeit noch keine konkreten Angaben zum Preis, dem Packungsinhalt oder der Liefermenge der Nintendo Switch Konsole gemacht. Beim angegebenen Preis handelt es sich um unsere Einschätzung des voraussichtlichen Maximalpreises. Vorbesteller werden aber selbstverständlich automatisch über allfällige Änderungen beim Preis oder Inhalt informiert.

- Informationen zur Liefermenge werden erfahrungsgemäss erst wenige Wochen vor Release bekannt gegeben. Ein Lieferengpass bei einer neuen Konsole ist aber so sicher wie das Amen in der Kirche. Die Konsolen werden deshalb nach Eingang der Bestellungen verarbeitet. Eine Lieferung zum Launch können wir momentan noch nicht garantieren.

- Aufgrund der zu erwartenden Limitierung sind Bestellungen der Nintendo Switch auf ein Gerät pro Kunden-Account beschränkt.

Quelle: Wog-FB

Bin noch am überlegen ob ich mir eine vorbestelle, mehrere bieten es schon an wog.ch natürlich und digitec für 499.- hoffentlich Platzhalter.

Habe bei microspot.ch gesehen, dass sie die Konsole für 349.- anbieten, scheint mir schon eher vernünftig.

Werde aber noch abwarten bis die Launchspiele bekannt sind.

Eventuell hat das Ding einen Multitouchscreen - und eventuell steckt auch in der Docking-Station noch etwas Prozessorpower:

Multi-touch touchscreen:

The “Switch has a multitouch screen” Tweets

I am VERY confident in saying that the Nintendo Switch screen is a touch screen, but that is not core to most gameplay.

— Laura Kate Dale (@LaurakBuzz) October 20, 2016

I’ll be there for menus, for drawing, for certain games like Mario Maker port etc.

I’m confident in saying that the Nintendo Switch’s screen is a multi-touch screen.

As all Nintendo Switch games need to be playable with the handheld in the console dock, all Switch games will be playable without touch.

These tweets were based on information from Source A (Nintendo). As shown above, they knew enough to know when the reveal trailer was coming before the official announcement. They know their stuff.

Additional dock power:

The “Switch dock has some additional processing power” Tweets

RE: dock, what I’ve heard is additional processing (lacking specifics atm) for when docked. However, would expect a few secs to switch.

If there is additional processing in the dock, I would expect at least a few seconds to swap handheld to console etc.

This information again came from sources A (Nintendo), B (Ubisoft) and D (Manufacturing). None could confirm whether the dock is a PlayStation VR-style processing box which helps power higher resolution play when docked, or if docking the console simply allows the handheld to overclock and provides better performance that way. All sources claim the hardware has an easier time running docked compared to when out and about as a portable.

Many on Twitter have drawn my attention to this interview with IGN where Nintendo state that “The dock is not the main console unit of Nintendo Switch… The main function of the Nintendo Switch Dock is to provide an output to the TV, as well as charging and providing power to the system.”

To that, I reply that they repeatedly use the words “main function” and “Main Console” here which still leaves a lot of room for clarity. I believe these statements were aimed at clarifying the Switch was not another Wii U style console rather than saying the dock won’t in any way alter game performance. You can’t play the dock without the handheld, but that doesn’t mean the dock won’t improve game performance.

Battery life:

The “Battery Life” Tweet

To those asking about battery life on Nintendo Switch, I’m hearing “mediocre” battery life.

Source A (Nintendo) described the Switch as having a “mediocre” battery life. Source B (Ubisoft) has said a maximum battery life of three hours.

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/

Ob die Angaben stimmen, werden wir wohl erst 2017 erfahren - bis dahin sind die Info-Schleusen von Nintendo wohl verschlossen. Zu den Akku-Angaben gab's ja glaube ich schon entsprechende Meldungen - aber die beziehen sich wohl auf die Dev-Kits und werden hoffentlich resp. sehr wahrscheinlich abweichen von den finalen Verkaufsversionen.

Nintendo says it has more Switch features to reveal, and the Internet may already have found a couple of them

http://www.vg247.com/2016/10/24/nintendo-says-it-has-more-switch-features-to-reveal-and-the-internet-may-already-have-found-a-couple-of-them/

Die verlinkte Redditdiskussion, insbesondere der erste Post, haben einige interessante Details dabei.